Safety Assurance Policy
"If you can’t do it safe don’t do it at all"
For all of us at SMART Construction S.A., Safety is not “one more requirement.” It is an integral part of our culture. Safety is about the most precious resource our company has; our people and their families. We believe that safety is of the utmost importance in the daily operations of all personnel – including subcontractors, suppliers, and vendors.
Everybody has the responsibility to make the safety of themselves and their co-workers of paramount concern and action. This objective is fundamental to the wellbeing of all personnel in our company, as well as to the efficient execution of our work.
SMART Construction S.A is committed to the practice and belief that Safety is An Attitude for Life.
Safety plays a major role in successful completion of our activities.
With this commitment in mind, we strive to assure that no person will work in surroundings or under conditions that are unsafe or dangerous to their health. We pursue an active, comprehensive accident prevention policy in all of our operations. Collaborating with our partners to achieve the goal of Zero Incident worksites is a high priority.
As a team we recognize that construction is an inherently hazardous industry. This is why we work every day and in every situation to bring Safety awareness and action to our work and our lives.
Quality Assurance Policy
"Do it right the first time"
The delivery of successful projects is the ultimate objective. This is what the QA/ QC procedures are driving towards. SMART Construction S.A. is:
a) committed to supplying construction services of consistent quality that conform fully with company and statutory requirements and in meeting our client’s documented and implied expectations in terms of technical, budget and time compliance.
b) Dedicated to the continual review, development and improvement of all aspects of its business, in particular :
- The development and improvement of the Company’s construction services in line with client’s needs and expectations.
- The development of an efficient and effective Quality System and generally accepted best practices in the management of Construction Projects, a system which not only ensures that the construction quality is consistent, but also helps to ensure minimal wastage in all our construction phases.
- The evaluation, training and development of our employees in order to meet the company’s objectives.
- The ongoing development of the corporate culture that incorporates constant problem solving and continuous improvement, encouraging all employees to take total pride in, and responsibility for, their work and the development of better working practices.
- Establishing and reviewing quality objectives for all levels that are realistic, achievable and measurable taking into cognizance preventive action for outside influences that could prevent the achievement of the objectives.
- Management will communicate this policy to all employees and staff in such a way that it is properly understood and followed.
"Only water should be allowed to fall on the ground"
SMART CONSTRUCTION S.A is committed to minimizing the impact of its activities on the environment. The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- The Company will Meet or exceed with all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company and its projects.
- Minimize waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Promote practices that minimize the environmental impact of both design and construction phases.
- The Company will implement a training program for its staff to raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving the Company’s performance.
- Actively promote recycling internally.
- SMART CONSTRUCTION S.A will encourage the adoption of similar principles by its suppliers and subcontractors.
At SMART CONSTRUCTION S.A., we foster a culture of caring and giving.
This is a direct result of our commitment to our employees, our partners and our community.
It is important to us that we take the time and thought to give back to the region.